Who's this then?

My photo
Chelmsford, Essex, United Kingdom
The occasional blog of an Anglican priest in rural Essex

Sunday 28 June 2009

Time takes its toll, but not on the eyes




A good day today! The tenth anniversary of my priesting.




This morning at Stebbing they sprung a surprise on me, with a cake (yes that is a cake in the shape of a Bible!) and a gift of a new bike from all the churches in the benefice. As we got ready to go over to church, my wife said to me "You know today is a special day, so you will need to let go of the past and press on into the future."
I thought she was being philosophical or at least making reference to the ongoing vision discernment process in Stebbing, but it turned out she just meant get ready to get rid of your old bike!
Also got my blog Rank, but can't get the widget to embed in my layout so you'll just have to have it in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the Friends' Meeting House, so please remember 1 John 4, verse 11 when commenting!
Anonymous commenters need to be prepared to face rejection, so please consider leaving your name, thank you.